A. Lange & Söhne
Lange 1 Moon Phase192.029Lange 1 Family
Perfection for every day – and every night
In 2002, the LANGE 1 MOON PHASE enriched A. Lange & Söhne’s most successful watch family with a model featuring the popular astronomical complication. Following the LANGE 1, it has now been endowed with a new movement as well. It takes a new and particularly realistic approach by combining the moon-phase display with a day/night indicator.
AUD / Including GST
Detailed features & specifications
This model was introduced in 2016. The dial is crafted from solid silver and graced with solid-gold appliques and hour markers. The hands are made of rhodiumed gold. The hour, minute, and power-reserve hands as well as the hour and power-reserve markers are luminous.
The moon can be seen particularly well at night. Once the sun has set, it dominates the heavenly canopy. But it accompanies us by day as well. The LANGE 1 MOON PHASE makes exactly that visible. Its moon moves in front of a bright-blue celestial disc without stars during the day and in front of a dark-blue sky studded with 383 crisply contrasting stars at night.
The average lunar month lasts 29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes and 3 seconds. Simplified moon-phase displays round the cycle down to 29.5 days. This inaccuracy adds up to a deviation of one day after two and a half years. The LANGE 1 MOON PHASE tracks the lunar cycle with an accuracy of 99.998 per cent. Once correctly set, the display has to be corrected by one day after 122.6 years, assuming the watch runs without interruption.
- Model Number: 192.029
- Gender: Mens
- Material: Gold
- Movement: Maually wound manufacture movement
- Calibre: L121.3
- Crystal: Sapphire crystal on front and back
- Functions: Off-centre time indication with hours and minutes; subsidiary seconds dial with stop seconds; UP/DOWN power-reserve indicator; outsize date; continuously driven moon-phase display with integrated day/night indicator.
- Bracelet Strap: Black alligator strap with matching signed buckle
- Power Reserve: 72 hours when fully wound