Detailed features & specifications
1904, Louis Cartier granted the wish of the famous Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos Dumont: to be able to tell time while flying. The birth of one of the first ever wristwatches sealed the bonds of friendship between these two pioneers.
The rounded angles of the dial, the seamless curve of the horns, and the exposed screws made for an iconic watch that would inspire countless reinterpretations.
Santos-Dumont watch, small model, high autonomy quartz movement (~ 6 years). Steel case, beaded crown set with a blue synthetic cabochon-shaped spinel, satin-brushed silver dial with sunray effect, Roman numerals, blued-steel sword-shaped hands, sapphire crystal. Strap in navy blue alligator leather, with steel ardillon buckle. Case dimensions: 38 mm x 27.5 mm, thickness: 7.3 mm. Water-resistant up to 3 bar (approx. 30 meters/100 feet).
- Model Number: WSSA0023
- Gender: Womens
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Movement: high autonomy quartz movement (~ 6 years)
- Crystal: sapphire crystal
- Functions: Hours, minutes
- Water Resistance: 3 bar (approx. 30 meters/100 feet)
- Bracelet Strap: Strap in navy blue alligator leather, with steel ardillon buckle