Detailed features & specifications
In 2016, IWC took a step back towards the roots of the Big Pilot’s Watch and gave it a gentle facelift. The IWC-manufactured 52110-calibre movement unites some of watchmaking’s greatest achievements. It features an efficient Pellaton automatic winding system with parts made from black or white ceramic. With the help of two barrels, it builds up a reserve of 7 days. The display at “3 o’clock” indicates the time remaining until the movement comes to a stop.
The Big Pilot’s Watch has a date display at “6 o’clock” and the central seconds essential in any watch used for flying. The 46-millimetre case, which is water-resistant to 6 bar, encloses a soft-iron inner case that protects the movement against magnetic fields. The watch also features a striking conical crown.
The legendary Junkers JU-52 plane is engraved on the case back of the Big Pilot’s Watch. This model comes with a black calfskin strap, which perfectly complements the watch.
- Movement: Automatic, Self-winding
- Calibre: IWC caliber 52110
- Crystal: Sapphire glass, convex anti reflective coating both sides
- Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date, power reserve indicator
- Water Resistance: 60 metres/ 6ATM
- Bracelet Strap: Black calfskin strap
- Power Reserve: 168 hours / 7 day power reserve