Detailed features & specifications
HISTORY COMES TO LIGHT.
“The lines of the Luminor Due are inspired by the Luminor 1950 case, which represents the culmination of the Panerai creations. All the elements originate directly from the history of the brand and they have all been subtly redesigned to emphasise the versatility of a watch which is a synthesis of the sporting spirit and the ability to wear it for more elegant and special occasions.”
The gold used by Panerai is a special alloy, different from standard gold. Panerai goldtech has a percentage of copper giving the material an intense red hue that is particularly elegant and sophisticated. Platinum is another fundamental element of the Panerai gold alloy, as it helps to prevent the metal from oxidising.
The P.1000/10 is the sophisticated skeletonised version of the P.1000 hand-wound caliber. With a Power Reserve of three days the movement has the fundamental functions – hours, minutes and the seconds counter at 9 o’clock – and it is 12 lignes (26.8 mm) in diameter with an overall thickness of 3.85 mm. Consisting of 152 components and with 21 jewels, the P.1000 calibre is solid, strong and reliable, and it is immediately recognisable as a Panerai calibre from both the technical and aesthetic points of view. The balance (which oscillates at 28,800 vibrations per hour) is fixed by a bridge with twin supports to ensure great security and stability. The movement also contains the device which stops the balance wheel and zeroes the seconds hand when setting the time (seconds reset), for perfect synchronisation of the watch with a reference time signal.
- Movement: Hand wound mechanical
- Calibre: P.1000/10 calibre, executed entirely by Panerai, 12 lignes, 3.85 mm thick, 21 jewels, Glucydur® balance, 28,800 alternations/hour. KIF Parechoc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 3 days, two barrels. 157 components.
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, seconds reset
- Water Resistance: 3 bar (~30 metres)
- Bracelet Strap: Alligator Light blue, Tone on tone Stitching, 22/18.0 Standard size
- Power Reserve: 3 days