Detailed features & specifications
1904, Louis Cartier granted the wish of the famous Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos Dumont: to be able to tell time while flying. The birth of one of the first ever wristwatches sealed the bonds of friendship between these two pioneers.
The rounded angles of the dial, the seamless curve of the horns, and the exposed screws made for an iconic watch that would inspire countless reinterpretations.
Santos watch, large model, mechanical movement with automatic winding, caliber 1847 MC. Steel case, 7-sided crown set with a faceted synthetic spinel, graduated blue dial, steel sword-shaped hands, sapphire crystal. Steel bracelet with “SmartLink” adjustment system. Second bracelet in navy blue calfskin, with interchangeable steel folding buckle. Both bracelets are fitted with the “QuickSwitch” interchangeability system. Case width: 39.8 mm, thickness: 9.08 mm. Water-resistant up to 10 bar (approx. 100 meters/100 feet).
- Model Number: WSSA0030
- Gender: Mens
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Movement: mechanical movement with automatic winding
- Crystal: sapphire crystal
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Water Resistance: 10 bar (~100 metres)
- Bracelet Strap: Steel bracelet with “SmartLink” adjustment system. Second bracelet in calfskin, with interchangeable steel folding buckle.