Aquatimer Chronograph Edition “Expedition Charles Darwin”IW379503Aquatimer Collection
ABOVE AND BELOW THE WATER, SINCE ITS RELEASE IN 1967
Bronze case. 44.0mm diameter. Black dial with bronze tones and luminescence. Self-winding, manufacture movement with fly-back chronograph. Black rubber strap with IWC-patented quick-change system.
AUD / Including GST
Detailed features & specifications
The IWC Aquatimer has been accompanying explorers, both above and below the water, since its release in 1967.
For the special “Expedition Charles Darwin” edition, bronze was chosen for the 44.0mm case to pay homage to the well-known ship, HMS Beagle, that carried Charles Darwin on his expedition to the Galapagos Islands. Over time this alloy develops a distinctive, surface-level patina, giving your watch its own unmistakable character, unique to you. The bronze tone is carried across to the luminescent material on the hands, indices and quarter-hour scale on the internal rotating bezel, the latter of which features IWC’s SafeDive system. Inside is the IWC-manufactured 89365 movement, a self-winding chronograph with flyback functionality, date display and 68-hour power reserve.
This watch is water resistant to 30 bar and comes on a black rubber strap with IWC-patented quick-change system.
- Calibre: 89365
- Crystal: Sapphire glass, convex, antireflective coating on both sides
- Functions: Chronograph function with minutes and seconds, Flyback function, Mechanical external/internal rotating bezel with SafeDive system, Date display, IWC bracelet quick-change system, Small hacking seconds
- Water Resistance: 30 bar (~300 metres)
- Bracelet Strap: Black rubber strap with IWC-patented quick-change system
- Power Reserve: 44 hours Power Reserve