Pilot’s Watch Chronograph TOP GUNIW389101Pilot's Watches Collection
AUD / Including GST
Detailed features & specifications
During tortuous manoeuvres involving supersonic jets like the F/A-18, pilots are subjected to high g forces. But also extended missions on aircraft carriers, where they are exposed to the humid, salt-bearing sea air, put an enormous strain on both personnel and material.
The TOP GUN Chronograph was developed using robust and corrosion-resistant materials such as ceramic and titanium for the elite among the US Navy’s jet pilots. For the first time ever, IWC has equipped this classic with an in-house movement from the 69000-calibre family. Apart from its stopwatch function, the IWC-manufactured 69380 calibre also has displays for the day and date. The red small seconds hand at “6 o’clock” provides a striking colourful highlight on the black dial.
The case is made of-non-reflective black zirconium oxide ceramic, the back of the case from titanium. The watch is attached to the wrist with a black textile strap.
- Movement: IWC-manufactured movement, Automatic, self-winding
- Calibre: 69380 Calibre
- Crystal: Sapphire glass, convex, antireflective coating on both sides
- Functions: Chronograph function with hours, minutes and seconds, Soft-iron inner case for protection against magnetic fields, Day and date display
- Water Resistance: 6 Bar
- Bracelet Strap: Black textile strap, Strap width 21 mm
- Power Reserve: 46 hours Power Reserve